Monday, April 26, 2010

tom verlaine





tomverlaine//johnlydon


tomverlaine//pattismith

marquee moon//television

I remember the light of darkness doubled,
I recall lightning struck itself,
I was listenin', listenin' to the rain,
I was hearin', hearin' someone else.
I'm in the high point of my night, I feel so impressive, life,
All this time with the Marquee Moon, but just waitin'.

I spoke to the man down at the tracks,
And I asked him how he don't go mad,
He said: "Look here, junior, don't you be so happy,
And for Heaven's sake, don't you be so sad."
I'm in the high point of my night, I feel so d(?)st impressive life,
All this time with the Marquee Moon, hesitating.

Well, a Cadillac, it pulled out of the graveyard,
Pulled up to me, oh they said, "get in, get in".
Then this Cadillac, it puttered back into that graveyard,
Me, I got out again.
I'm in the high point of my life, I feel so impressive, life,
All this time with the Marquee Moon, but I ain't waitin', uh-uh.

I remember how the darkness doubled, I recall lightning struck itself,
I was listenin, listenin' to the rain, I was hearin', hearin', something else.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post,like the Verlaine photos - love Television! Don't mean to be pedantic but I think that's Keith Levene with Lydon, not Verlaine. I've reblogged it at
http://skyephotographer.blogspot.co.uk/

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © cameras for eyes.
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com